The Perfect Gifts That Cost Nothing
- LISTENING.. But you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening.
- AFFECTION.. Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
- LAUGHTER.. Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”
- A WRITTEN NOTE… It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
- A COMPLIMENT… A simple and sincere, “You look great in red” “You did a super job” or “That was a wonderful meal” can make someone’s day.
- A FAVOR… Whenever there is the chance, share a small random act of kindness.
- SOLITUDE.. There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times, and give the gift of solitude to others.
- A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION… The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone. It’s as easy as saying you are great or thank you