Virtues And Vices: The Relationship
When we are internally strong, our nature characteristics and skills are reflected, from inside us to the outside, to everyone we interact in, in the form of virtues. If we are internally weak, those same traits emerge and radiate as vices. Vices are just qualities or virtues that have lost their focus and strength.
For e.g. if we take the quality of love – when a strong soul radiates love, it is unlimited and without any conditions. Such a soul respects and has good wishes for everything and everyone and under all circumstances, irrespective of whether love and respect is coming from the other side or not. When a weak soul radiates love, he/she tends to restrict the love to limits e.g. the love would vary from person to person and from situation to situation. In a sense, if spiritual might (strength) and spiritual light (understanding or knowledge) are taken away from the virtues, they get transformed into the six vices, which make us spiritually unhealthy or weak:
- Ego – developing an image of the self that is false, temporary or imaginary.
- Greed – finding short term fulfillment by acquiring material goods, a role in society or money or through the physical senses – eyes, tongue, ears, etc.
- Attachment – finding security by developing a feeling of possessiveness over loved ones and material objects.
- Lust – using excessive satisfaction through the senses as a means of fulfillment.
- Anger – the feeling of hatred and revenge when any of the other vices are threatened or being taken away from us.
- Laziness – becoming inactive on a spiritual, physical or mental level.
Relation = Life ; Life = Relation it is very easy to spoil a relation, but to maintain the relation, we have to do lot of adjustments! That is the Law of Life.