Oh The “If Only” In Life…
Abu Hurayrah (RA) narrated that Rasulullah (SAW) said: “A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don’t say: If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do and your “if” opens the gate for the Shaytaan.” (Sahih Muslim)
- · If only I hadn’t said that
- · If only I had thought
- · If only I could take the hurt away
- · If only we hadn’t fought
- · If only I could go back in time
- · If only I could change the past
- · If only things could be different
- · If only time didn’t move so fast
- · If only I had planned
- · If only I hadn’t rushed
- · If only I had prioritized
- · If only I hadn’t fussed
- · If only I had learnt more
- · If only I had concentrated
- · If only I had been more serious
- · If only I hadn’t procrastinated
- · If only I had been a better Muslim
- · If only I had done what was asked of me
- · If only I had turned to my Creator
- · If only my Life was one of Piety
If only…If only…If only…
“If only” can change nothing it is time to look forward and greet the present we should try not to make the same mistake again, Inshallah life will much more pleasant. The past is gone can never return, the future is non-existent, it is simply isn’t here yet, so what we are left with is the PRESENT, it is HERE, it is NOW, and it is REAL!!
What we do with it is our deal, what was once our future is now a shadow with no substance and it has becomes the past, something that is not anymore in existence.
We have to stop living in the future or the past as only ALLAH knows when we shall breathe our last.
And every second is a treasure, a gift beyond any measure
What we do must be done, only for ALLAH the ONE.
So the past that’s gone is GONE
Ask ourselves everyday how can I improve on what I’ve done?
The future ahead is not in our control, all is in ALLAH’S hands alone, so trust ALLAH and try our best to use the present wisely and will follow the rest.
Never should regrets stop us from progressing, hope is more precious than any gem.
“If only” has many lessons for us…
Inshallah we would learn from it.