Health Benefit Of Pomegranate.
Time to add another carton of fruit juice to your shopping basket, it seems pomegranate is the new wonder drink for all-round good health benefits.
These reasons why pomegranate deserves a place in your diet:
- It contains three times more antioxidants, glass for glass, than red wine or green tea.
- Drinking it will boost your intake of vitamins C, E, and K, as well as potassium and calcium.
- It contains folic acid, necessary to make red blood cells, and iron.
- Drink pomegranate juice after a workout as it will speed up your recovery and reduce muscle aches. Research also indicates that it may prevent cartilage deterioration.
- Pomegranates are thought to help protect you against cancer. Research conducted in Israel showed that pomegranate juice destroys breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone.
- New research shows that it may also help to prevent cardiovascular disease, heart attacks and strokes, as it is understood to halt clogging in your arteries.
- Studies have also shown that pomegranates can help to lower bad cholesterol and build good cholesterol.
- As well as being a source of calcium, pomegranates may also help to prevent dental plaque forming on your teeth.
Looking for a pure pomegranate juice to help boost your health? Check the ingredients, and avoid pomegranate drinks with added sugars, juices, water and additives.