To Think About!
- We walk around looking at our phone, waiting for that text message or phone call. Yet we never look at the Quran for many days or even months.
- We love to talk about anything let it be even the weather but when one person says, Allah said or his ,Messenger (SAW) said, we try to quickly change the subject.
- We see on TV, the internet and around us people dying but yet we imagine we are going to live forever.
- We plan and plan but none of our plans include seeking Jannah.
- We run around all day doing favors for our friends and our loved ones but we barely ever do anything to please the lord of the worlds.
So we have to ask ourselves this:
- What do we really value?
- Do you value this short cheap world?
- Do you value the new phone you have?
When was the last time we sat by ourselves and cried thinking about our ending?
How many times did we ever imagine the Day of Judgment and our fate?
Allah shows us how serious it is.
Allah describes the discourse between Himself and the reckless and negligent on the Day of Judgment:
قَـٰلَ كَمۡ لَبِثۡتُمۡ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ عَدَدَ سِنِينَ (١١٢) قَالُواْ لَبِثۡنَا يَوۡمًا أَوۡ بَعۡضَ يَوۡمٍ۬ فَسۡـَٔلِ ٱلۡعَآدِّينَ (١١٣) قَـٰلَ إِن لَّبِثۡتُمۡ إِلَّا قَلِيلاً۬ۖ لَّوۡ أَنَّكُمۡ كُنتُمۡ تَعۡلَمُونَ (١١٤) أَفَحَسِبۡتُمۡ أَنَّمَا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُمۡ عَبَثً۬ا وَأَنَّكُمۡ إِلَيۡنَا لَا تُرۡجَعُونَ (١١٥) فَتَعَـٰلَى ٱللَّهُ ٱلۡمَلِكُ ٱلۡحَقُّۖ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ رَبُّ ٱلۡعَرۡشِ ٱلۡڪَرِيمِ (١١٦)
“He (Allâh) will say: “What number of years did you stay on earth?” They will say: “We stayed a day or part of a day. Ask of those who keep account.” He (Allâh) will say: “You stayed not but a little, if you had only known!” “Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?” So Exalted is Allâh, the True King, Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!” (Surah Mu’minoon 23:112-116).
So next time when we are about to about to waste our time… we should think about death… Think about what we want do when our soul is departing from our body…. For I promise you if you live like your dying soon you shall have a more promised life here and hereafter.