Reasons to read the Qur’an :
1) Inimitable: It dares us to disprove it. How? It says that humans cannot write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Quran said this fourteen hundred years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written -but not another one like the Quran.
2) Incorruptible: It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Quran was kept intact. Nothing was added to it: nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.
3) Unsurpassable: The Quran is Allah’s final revelation to humankind. Allah revealed the Torah to Moosa (AS), the Psalms to Dawud (AS), the Bible to Isa (AS), and finally the Quran to Muhammad (SAW). No other book will come from Allah to surpass his final revelation.
4) Indisputable: The Qur’an withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right, It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right, It mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Quran was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Quran alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.
5) Our Roadmap for Life and Afterlife: The Quran is the best guidebook on how to structure our life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and endeavor. The Quran also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is our roadmap showing how to get to Paradise.
6) Allah’s Gift of Guidance: Allah has not left us alone. We were made for a reason. Allah tells us why he made us, what he demands from us, and what he has in store for us. If we operate a machine contrary to its manufacture specification we will ruin that machine. What about us? Do we have an owner’s manual for ourselves? The Quran is from our maker. It is a gift for us to make sure we function for success lest we fail to function. It is a healing mercy from Allah. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.
7) Our Calling Card to Communicate with Our Allah: Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Qur’an tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life the One Allah. The Qur’an tells us who Allah is, by what name we should address Allah, and the way in which to communicate with Allah.