The Pencil Maker And The Pencil
The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.
He told the pencil, “There are 5 things you need to know, before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.”
“1) You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone’s hand.
2) You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.
3) You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
4) The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.
5) On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write. ”
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Moral: Now replacing the place of the pencil with you. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
1) You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Allah’s hand .And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess. Allah says:
وَمَا تَشَآءُونَ إِلَّآ أَن يَشَآءَ ٱللَّهُ رَبُّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ
“And ye will not, unless (it be) that Allah willeth, the Lord of Creation.” (Surah Takwir 81:29)
2) You will experienced a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you’ll need it to become a stronger person. Allah says:
وَلَنَبۡلُوَنَّكُم بِشَىۡءٍ۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡخَوۡفِ وَٱلۡجُوعِ وَنَقۡصٍ۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡأَمۡوَٲلِ وَٱلۡأَنفُسِ وَٱلثَّمَرَٲتِۗ وَبَشِّرِ ٱلصَّـٰبِرِينَ (١٥٥)
“And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast” (Surah Baqarah 2:155)
3) You will be able to correct any mistakes you might makes Allah says:
إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَءَامَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلاً۬ صَـٰلِحً۬ا فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ يُبَدِّلُ ٱللَّهُ سَيِّـَٔاتِهِمۡ حَسَنَـٰتٍ۬ۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورً۬ا رَّحِيمً۬ا
“Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful” (Surah Furqaan 25:70)
4) The most important part of you will always be what’s on the inside Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah’s Messenger (SAW) as saying: “Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your heart and to your deeds.” (Muslim)
5) On every surface we walk through ,we must leave our mark. No matter what the situation, we must continue to do our duties. Rasulullah (SAW) said: “Meeting a fellow with a smile is a charity, removing a harmful object from the road is a charity.”
We should allow this parable on the pencil to encourage us to know that we are a special person and only we can fulfill the purpose to which we were born to accomplish. We should never allow ourselves to get discouraged and think that our life is insignificant and cannot make a change.