Life As A Game..
Imagine life as a game in which we are juggling some five balls in the air. We name them …. Work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air.
We will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If we drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls… family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass.
If we drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. We must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
To understand, remember:
- Not to undermine our worth by comparing ourselves with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
- Not to set our goals by what other people deem important. Only we know what is best for ourselves.
- Nit to take for granted the things closest to our heart. Cling to them as, for without them, life is meaningless.
- Not to let our life slip through our fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living our life one day at a time, we live all days of our life.
- Not to give up when we still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment we stop trying.
- Not to be afraid to admit that we are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us together.
- Not to be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
- Not to shut love out of our life by saying it’s impossible to find time. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
- Not to run through life so fast that we forget not only where we have been, but also where we are going.
- Not to forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
- Nt to be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure we can always carry easily.
- Not to use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
- Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.