Poisoned with satanic ailments. It is aimed towards your heart. It moves very fast
Why should we worry about the arrow?
- It severs our relationship with Allah.
- It infects our heart and leaves it vulnerable for the Shaytaan to take over.
- It paves the way for fornication.
How is it triggered?
- Lustful look towards opposite gender triggers it.
- Even if the opposite gender is a bearded brother or a veiled sister.
- Even if it is in flesh, or in artificial form like images, films, books, etc.
What are our defenses?
Make Du’aa. Do not underestimate Du’aa. It is the most powerful of all the defenses. If you feel overwhelmed, one suggested Du’aa to read is:
وَإِمَّا يَنزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِ نَزۡغٌ۬ فَٱسۡتَعِذۡ بِٱللَّهِۖ إِنَّهُ ۥ هُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡعَلِيمُ
“I seek the refuge of Allah who is the Hearer and Who is the Knower from the Shaytaan the accursed.” (Surah Fussilat 41:36].
- Seek refuge in Allah. It has also been suggested to say “La hawla wa la Quwata illa billah” (there is no authority or power except with Allah). If we sincerely make Du’aa, Insha-Allah, we can succeed in turning our eyes away.
- Always walk with our gaze lowered. But make sure we do not bump into a hydro post. Lowering our gaze does not mean we do not look where we are going. It means that we keep control of our gaze.
- Always remember that the beauty of this world and everything in it is temporary and the life hereafter and everything in it is everlasting. No wise person would sacrifice the happiness of hereafter for temporary pleasure of this world.
- Keep voluntary fast. It makes our willpower stronger.
- If we are able and responsible then get married for the sake of Allah.
What to do if we are already hit?
- Ask Allah’s forgiveness.
- Give charity.
- Good deeds work like a charm as a medicine for this wound.
Allah, our Creator, who knows our weaknesses, has told us in the Qur’an:
قُل لِّلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَغُضُّواْ مِنۡ أَبۡصَـٰرِهِمۡ وَيَحۡفَظُواْ فُرُوجَهُمۡۚ ذَٲلِكَ أَزۡكَىٰ لَهُمۡۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ خَبِيرُۢ بِمَا يَصۡنَعُونَ (٣٠) وَقُل لِّلۡمُؤۡمِنَـٰتِ يَغۡضُضۡنَ مِنۡ أَبۡصَـٰرِهِنَّ وَيَحۡفَظۡنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبۡدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنۡهَاۖ وَلۡيَضۡرِبۡنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِہِنَّۖ وَلَا يُبۡدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ أَخَوَٲتِهِنَّ أَوۡ نِسَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ مَا مَلَكَتۡ أَيۡمَـٰنُهُنَّ أَوِ ٱلتَّـٰبِعِينَ غَيۡرِ أُوْلِى ٱلۡإِرۡبَةِ مِنَ ٱلرِّجَالِ أَوِ ٱلطِّفۡلِ ٱلَّذِينَ لَمۡ يَظۡهَرُواْ عَلَىٰ عَوۡرَٲتِ ٱلنِّسَآءِۖ وَلَا يَضۡرِبۡنَ بِأَرۡجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعۡلَمَ مَا يُخۡفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّۚ وَتُوبُوٓاْ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تُفۡلِحُونَ
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands’ fathers, or their sons or their husbands’ sons, or their brothers or their brothers’ sons or sisters’ sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women’s nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed. (Surah Noor 24:30-31)