10 Food Facts …Fodder For Thought
1) Apple is made of 25% air that is why they float.
2) Avocado has the highest protein and oil content of all fruits.
3) Carrots were originally purple in colour, changing in the 17th Century to orange with newer varieties.
4) Celery requires more calories to eat and digest than it contains.
5) Cherries are a member of the rose family.
6) Corn always has an even number of ears. It only makes up about 8% of the weight in a box of corn flakes.
7) Honey is the only edible food for humans that will never go bad.
8) Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
9) Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
10) Pear is a fruit that ripens from the inside out.
Did you know that during a lifetime the average person eats about 35 tonnes of food?