- Funny how a R10 note looks so big when you take it to musjid, but so small when you take it to the shopping mall.
- Funny how long it takes to serve Allah for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 80 minutes of rugby.
- Funny how long a couple of hours are spent at religious duties, but how short they are when watching a movie.
- Funny how we can’t think of anything to say when we pray, but don’t have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.
- Funny how we get thrilled when a soccer game goes into extra time, but we complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time.
- Funny how hard it is to read a verse in the Quraan, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best-selling novel.
- Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a place at the back of the musjid, especially during Taraweeh salaah in the month of Ramadhaan.
- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a religious event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.
- Funny how much difficulties some people have learning a simple Islamic script well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip about someone.
- Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the Quraan/ Shariah says.
- Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.
- Funny, Isn’t It?
“From what we earn, we can make living, what we give however makes a life.”