8 Ways For Reliance upon Allah.
Note: Coming to terms with the change in my life, would not have been easy if my reliance on Allah was not with me, my father has always told and advised us, that reliance on Allah will get us through the greatest of tribulations of life, and that we should always depend on Allah to take care of our affairs, Alhamdulillah with the Mercy of Allah I have to terms with the change in my life, I have put the pleasure of Allah in front of me, and the displeasure of Allah is always on my mind before any action, and my reliance on Allah is ever so much more.
1) Trust in Allah by knowing Him — His Names and Attributes and that everything in the heavens and earth is His.
2) Believe that what you ask Him for, you will receive, that Allah Has full power to grant it.
3) Know that you should make full effort of your own to obtain what you want and then rely upon Him; make du’aa and effort, i.e., your body makes effort, with reliance to seek what you want.
4) Your heart should make efforts to obtain what you want. Make your heart connected to Allah. Don’t allow your heart to be connected to the things. Be connected to Allah. So why are you afraid? You do what you have to do, and you should feel that Allah will take care of the thing that you want taken care of.
5) Things that are not in your hands, or ability; put your affairs with Allah.
6) The person should have a good opinion of Allah. Have “yaqeen” (believe) concerning this, Allah will make you successful in what is best for you. Rasulullah (SAW), said: “Allah said: ‘I am as My servant thinks of Me’.” Meaning if you have a good opinion of Allah, then Allah will make you successful. But, if you have a bad opinion of Allah, then He may give you something you won’t like!
7) That the person leaves his affairs totally to Allah, and that he is content with what Allah decrees, and with what Allah decides, BEFORE the results come down.
8) When the result occurs, the person should be content with it, with whatever Allah has decreed.
These are the eight levels of Tawakul. If we feel sad, distressed, or anxious; if our mind is beset with problems, we should exercise these eight levels of Tawakul and Allah will take away all our pain, Insha Allah.