When we were born, we did not come with an owner’s manual; these guidelines make life work better.
1) We will receive a body. We may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing we are sure to keep for the rest of our life.
2) We will learn lessons. We are enrolled in a full- time informal school called “Life on Planet Earth”. Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
3) There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. “Failures” are as much a part of the process as “Success.”
4) A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to us in various forms until we learn it: then we can go on to the next lesson.
5) If we don’t learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of our internal state. When we clear inner obstructions, our outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets our attention.
6) We will know we have learned a lesson when our actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
7) “There” is no better than “here”. When our “there” becomes a “here” we will simply obtain another “there” that again looks better than “here.”
8) Others are only mirrors of us. We cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something we love or hate in ourselves.
9) Our life is up to us. Life provides the canvas; we do the painting. Take charge of our life, or someone else will.
10) We always get what we want. Our subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people we attract; therefore, the only foolproof way to know what we want is to see what we have. There are no victims, only students.
11) There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn’t help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do our best.
12) Our answers lie inside us. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. We know more than we have heard or read or been told. All we need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
13) We will forget all this.
14) We can remember any time we wish.