10 Actions That Would Gain Allah’s Love For His Slave & Slave’s Love for Allah
1) Reciting the Qur’an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it.
2) Get closer to Allah by performing voluntary deeds after completing obligatory deeds. This is as is stated in a Hadith Qudsi: “My slave continues getting closer to Me by performing voluntary deeds until I love him.”
3) Continue to remember Allah under all circumstances, with our tongue, heart and actions. The extent of our love for Allah is determined by this.
4) We should give precedence to what which Allah loves over what we love when we are overtaken by our desires.
5) The heart being avid of Allah’s Names and Attributes and the heart roaming in that garden of knowledge.
6) We should observe Allah’s kindness, goodness and bounties, both hidden and open.
7) Our hearts should be soft, subdued and meek before Allah.
8) Being alone with Allah during the time when Allah descends during the last portion of the night while reading Quraan and ending that by asking for forgiveness and repenting.
9) We should sit with the beloved and sincere pious people, benefiting from the most fruitful of their speech. We should not to speak unless speaking is more beneficial and we know that it will improve our state and be beneficial to others.
10) We should remain away from every cause that comes between our heart and Allah.