6 Easy Ways To Take Slow And Change For The Better
1) LOVE CHANGE: We can love and embrace change or hate and reject change. Change is the only constant happening. Water is more powerful than rock. Water flows and adapts to its surroundings while retaining its power. Given enough friction, solid rock can turn into a sand pile.
To choke back our resistance to change:
- Adjust our attitude. Be flexible. Focus on solutions
- Learn continuously. We will keep our brain sharp and stay ahead of the curve.
- Pay attention to trends. Spot them first and adjust our plan before we are forced to
- Nurture support systems. Change is smoothed with a little help from our friends
Tip- If we are experiencing change in one area of our life, reduce changes in other areas of our life. We should not change jobs, friends, and locations at the same time. Routines are our friends when we are in the midst of change.
2) TAKE RISK: Life is all about taking risks. We are willingly take chances every day. Whether we drive, take public transportation, or walk to work, we are risking getting into an accident. We go ahead and do it anyway. What separates achievers from ordinary folks is their willingness to take optional as well as necessary risks.
3) MAKE MISTAKES: Just think of what we can learn from our mistakes. What steps did we take to make the mistake and how do we avoid repeating the same mistake in the future. If we think about it, that is what we do when we learn something new. We take some action or perform a technique. We get a result.
- If it is the result we want, we make sure that we do it that way every time.
- If it is not the result we want, and then we stop, figure out what we did that was not quite right, adjust and try again.
When we make a mistake, go with it. Admit we blew it, look to see why, we should take action to fix it, learn and move on. We should NOT BE afraid of making mistakes!
4) LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY: Most of us have one or two areas of knowledge that we strive to know very well, things related to our jobs, of course, and maybe a hobby. While it’s important to develop a deep understanding of the things that matter most to us, it is just as important to develop a broad understanding of the world in general. There is, after all, a reason the term “well-read” is a compliment.
5) SET GOALS: The process of setting goals helps us choose where we want to go in life. By knowing precisely what we want to achieve, we know where we have to concentrate our efforts. We will also quickly spot the distractions that would otherwise lure us from our course. Properly-set goals can be incredibly motivating, and as we get into the habit of setting and achieving goals, we will find that our self-confidence builds faster.
6) ASK FOR CRITICISM: Asking for criticism will help us understand the areas that we need to work on to improve ourselves. How to deal with criticism:
- Accept that WE are NOT PERFECT. Double check your work.
- Listen carefully. And do not take it personally.
- Do not hold a grudge. Clear the air.