Life’s Everyday Rules
1) Drink plenty of water.
2) Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3) Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured.
4) Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5) Make time for prayer.
6) Play more games.
7) Read more books than you did in 2008.
8) Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9) Sleep for 7 hours.
10) Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day and while you walk, smile.
11) Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12) Don’t have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13) Don’t over do it, keep your limits.
14) Don’t take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
15) Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16) Dream more while you are awake.
17) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18) Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19) Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20) No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
21) Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
22) Smile and laugh more.
23) You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
24) Call your spouse/family often.
25) Each day give something good to others.
26) Forgive everyone for everything.
27) Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
28) Try to make at least three people smile each day.
29) Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your spouse, family and friends will. Stay in touch.
30) Do the right thing.
31) Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32) ALLAH heals everything.
33) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
34) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35) The best is yet to come.
36) When you wake alive in the morning, thank ALLAH for it.
37) Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.