THE EXCELLENCE OF DUROOD SHAREEF
1) For every Durood Shariif that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten positions are upgraded.
2) Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood.
3) The first man who will meet the Prophet (SAW) on the Day of Judgment will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4) Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Prophet (SAW) in the next world.
5) If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Sheriffs.
6) Reciting Durood eradicates poverty and hunger.
7) If the Sawaab of the Durood is dedicated to another person, then that person will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
8) Reciting excessive Durood brings purity.
9) Reciting maximum number of Durood is full compensation of all sins.
10) Any one who recites excessive Durood in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11) When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah and Durood on the Holy Prophet (SAW) is first of all recited.
12) Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgment.
13) Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah on the Doom’s Day. One who kept the Prophet’s (SAW) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood in his life time.
14) When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, and then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15) Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16) The reciter of 10 Durood in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Prophet (SAW) on the Day of Judgment.
17) One who recites Durood near the shrine of the Prophet (SAW) is heard by him there and then alone.
18) Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19) If a Durood is written in a book by someone Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
20) The Prophet (SAW) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
21) Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood.
22) Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhud) is given to one who recites one Durood.
23) All people will be presented to the Prophet (SAW) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24) Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood.
25) If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood in countless numbers.
26) Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27) Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28) Recite Durood in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me (the Prophet SAW).
29) Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30) Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31) If the name of the Prophet (SAW) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32) “I pray for all those who recite Durood on me”, said the Prophet (SAW).
33) If any one recites Durood from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Prophet (SAW) immediately. Allah has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood and present the same before the Prophet (SAW) immediately.
34) Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35) Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
36) Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches the Prophet (SAW).
37) The Prophet (SAW) said to his wife that any one who hears the name of the Prophet (SAW) and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (SAW) on the Day of the Judgment.
38) Ali (RA) reports that Rasulullah (SAW) said, “The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Durood on me”.
39) If a person recites 1 000 Durood daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
40) The Durood that is recited by the person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood to Rasulullah (SAW) and proclaim, “O Habeeb of Allah! The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court”.
The shortest and simplest form of Durood is
صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّم
Transliteration: Sall-Allahu alayhi wasallam
Translation: “Peace and Blessings be upon him (Prophet Muhammad)”